East Carson River Fishout - September 15 - 17
Join the Tahoe Truckee Fly Fishers for an overnight outing to the East Carson River, and Indian Creek Reservoir during the weekend of September 15, 16, 17. This venue provides great stillwater, and trophy river fishing.
Our base camp will be at Indian Creek Campground (click on the link to see info on the campground) which is close to the water, and an easy drive to “Hangman’s” bridge where the trophy section of the East Carson begins. The Indian Creek Campground does not accept reservations, so your registration with TTFF for this event is important. Some of us will get there early and make sure we have great campsites for those that have registered.
Saturday night will be a BBQ. Alex Penney will provide the tri-tip and grilling gear for the group, and others can bring the side dishes and libations. Once you have registered, Alex will coordinate the festivities with you.
For those of us that knew Larry Svelund, and there were a lot of us over the years, we know how much he loved these waters. On Saturday night, we will raise a glass to his remembrance, and celebrate his contributions to our club, his friendship, and his respect for this sport that we all share.
Indian Creek Reservoir
- Fish: Large rainbows, Lahontan cutthroat, brook trout.
- Water: This is a shallow reservoir. Typical stillwater techniques apply. Float device recommended.
East Fork of the Carson (Click here for flows)
- Fish: Rainbows, Browns, Lahontan cutthroat
- Below Hangman’s bridge, single hook, barbless, zero limit. Typical Eastern Sierra medium size moving water techniques apply.
- Above Hangman’s bridge general regs with planted fish. (if I were a fish, I would be getting downstream of the bridge)